By Gordon Martel
- Written by means of uncommon students, every one an expert of their field
- Explores influential, underlying subject matters equivalent to imperialism, nationalism, internationalism, technological advancements, and adjustments in diplomatic methods
- Addresses a wide diversity of subject matters, together with international relations of wartime and peacemaking, the chilly struggle period and the "new global order", the top of eu empires, the increase of nationalism within the 3rd international, globalization, and terrorism
- Chronological association makes the amount simply accessible
- Includes beneficial courses for additional studying and research
Read Online or Download A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Best political history & theory books
Andrew Linklater has been some of the most cutting edge thinkers in diplomacy, introducing severe and moral parts into the self-discipline which has compelled it to reconsider lots of its easy assumptions. This ebook builds in this physique of labor to strengthen an intensive new thought that demands a sophisticated method of diplomacy.
The good American Gamble examines the prior, current and potential way forward for U. S. deterrence thought, strategic forces, nuclear guns and coverage. It presents an in depth rationalization of the competing colleges of deterrence thought that emerged through the past due Nineteen Fifties and early Nineteen Sixties. in accordance with an intensive evaluation of formerly labeled records, it demonstrates how and why U.
During the last 20 years there was nice curiosity in cosmopolitanism around the human and social sciences. the place, past, it had principally been a time period linked to ethical and political philosophy, cosmopolitanism has now turn into a widely-used time period within the social sciences. it really is now vital to a lot of cultural, political and social research.
The expansion of the Latino inhabitants is the main major demographic shift within the usa this day. but progress on my own can't clarify this population’s expanding impression at the citizens; nor can a parsing of its subethnicities. within the such a lot major research up to now at the turning out to be political activation of Latinos, Ricardo Ramírez identifies whilst and the place Latino participation within the political procedure has come approximately in addition to its many motivations.
- From Development to Dictatorship: Bolivia and the Alliance for Progress in the Kennedy Era (The United States in the World)
- French Liberalism from Montesquieu to the Present Day
- A Political Companion to Henry David Thoreau (Political Companions to Great American Authors)
- Armed State Building: Confronting State Failure, 1898-2012 (Cornell Studies in Security Affairs)
Additional resources for A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) by Gordon Martel