By Samuel Karlin,Howard M. Taylor
- Realistic purposes from various disciplines built-in through the text
- Plentiful, up-to-date and extra rigorous difficulties, together with desktop "challenges"
- Revised end-of-chapter workouts sets—in all, 250 routines with answers
- New bankruptcy on Brownian movement and similar processes
- Additional sections on Matingales and Poisson technique
Read or Download An Introduction to Stochastic Modeling PDF
Similar social sciences statistics books
Modeled after Barbara Byrne’s different best-selling structural equation modeling (SEM) books, this sensible consultant stories the elemental suggestions and functions of SEM utilizing Mplus types five & 6. the writer reports SEM functions in keeping with genuine facts taken from her personal study. utilizing non-mathematical language, it's written for the beginner SEM consumer.
Uniquely targeting intersections of social difficulties, multilevel statistical modeling, and causality; the substantively and methodologically built-in chapters of this e-book make clear simple techniques for constructing and checking out multilevel linear versions (MLMs), and drawing informal inferences from such versions.
This ebook addresses the issues which are encountered, and ideas which have been proposed, after we target to spot humans and to reconstruct populations lower than stipulations the place info is scarce, ambiguous, fuzzy and infrequently inaccurate. the method from handwritten registers to a reconstructed digitized inhabitants involves 3 significant stages, mirrored within the 3 major sections of this ebook.
Social paintings learn is worried with advanced social matters heavily attached to groups of people that are marginalized and oppressed. This quantity develops severe and inventive learn methodologies that position questions of social justice at their centre and take leading edge techniques to amassing, analysing, examining and offering examine info.
- Reading Statistics and Research: Pearson New International Edition
- Data-Based Child Advocacy: Using Statistical Indicators to Improve the Lives of Children (SpringerBriefs in Well-Being and Quality of Life Research)
- Understanding Digital Games
- Randomized Response and Related Methods: Surveying Sensitive Data (Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences)
Extra info for An Introduction to Stochastic Modeling
An Introduction to Stochastic Modeling by Samuel Karlin,Howard M. Taylor